Notes on W.
I knew Cleon Skousen during the Reagan
years when he was working with an for an odd coalition of
Mormons, the Unification Church and the Korean CIA. I
have to admit that sounds nutty as I write it but it is
factual. Cleon was on the far right of the conservative
movement. For many years I considered Cleon to be a real
patriot but after seeing FBI memos concerning his service
I have lost faith. I was in the room on occasions when
Skousen was introduced as the former number three man in
the FBI and Skousen never disputed it. It is now clear
that was untrue. You may want to read http://sites.google.com/site/ernie124102/Skousen
||W. Cleon Skousen claimed to have been a
senior FBI agent under J. Edgar Hoover, the
police chief of Salt
Lake City, Utah, and a full professor at
Brigham Young University. He was an overtly
racist Mormon historian who blended fact and
fancy in an engaging way. .
1958 CURRENT COMMUNIST
1. U.S. acceptance of coexistence as the only
alternative to atomic war.
2. U.S. willingness to capitulate in preference to
engaging in atomic war.
3. Develop the illusion that total disarmament (by)
the United States would be a demonstration of moral
4. Permit free trade between all nations regardless
of Communist affiliation and regardless of whether or not
items could be used for war.
5. Extension of long-term loans to Russia and
6. Provide American aid to all nations regardless
of Communist domination.
7. Grant recognition of Red China. Admission of Red
China to the U.N.
8. Set up East and West Germany as separate states
in spite of Khrushchev's promise in 1955 to settle the
German question by free elections under supervision of
9. Prolong the conferences to ban atomic tests
because the United States has agreed to suspend tests as
long as negotiations are in progress.
10. Allow all Soviet satellites individual
representation in the U.N.
11. Promote the U.N. as the only hope for
mankind. If its charter is rewritten, demand that
it be set up as a one-world government with its own
independent armed forces. (Some Communist leaders believe
the world can be taken over as easily by the U.N. as by
Moscow. Sometimes these two centers compete with
each other as they are now doing in the Congo.)
12. Resist any attempt to outlaw the Communist
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
14. Continue giving Russia access to the U.S.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in
the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken
basic American institutions by claiming their activities
violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as
transmission belts for socialism and current Communist
propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get
control of teachers' associations. Put the party
line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests
against programs of organizations which are under
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of
book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and
22. Continue discrediting American culture by
degrading all forms of artistic expression. An
American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all
good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute
shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art
museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness,
repulsive, meaningless art."
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by
calling them "censorship" and a violation of
free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by
promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines,
motion pictures, radio and TV.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and
promiscuity as "normal, natural,
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed
religion with "social" religion.
Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for
intellectual maturity which does not need a
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious
expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates
the principle of "separation of church and
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling
it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern
needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers.
Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern
for the "common man."
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and
discourage the teaching of American history on the
grounds that it was only a minor part of the "big
picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history
since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give
centralized control over any part of the
culture--education, social agencies, welfare programs,
mental health clinics, etc.
33. Eliminate all laws or procedures which
interfere with the operation of the Communist apparatus.
34. Eliminate the House Committee on Un-American
35. Discredit and eventually dismantle the FBI.
36. Infiltrate and gain control of more unions.
37. Infiltrate and gain control of big business.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the
police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral
problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but
psychiatrists can understand (or treat).
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use
mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control
over those who oppose Communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution.
Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Create the impression that violence and
insurrection are legitimate aspects of the American
tradition; that students and special-interest groups
should rise up and use united force to solve economic,
political or social problems.
43. Overthrow all colonial governments before
native populations are ready for self-government.
44. Internationalize the Panama Canal.
45. Repeal the Connally reservation so the United
States cannot prevent the World Court from seizing
jurisdiction over domestic problems. Give the World
Court jurisdiction over nations and individuals alike.
W. Cleon Skousen on The Naked Communist philosophy
In March of 1960 Skousen was fired as Chief of Police of Salt Lake
City Utah by Mayor J. Bracken Lee. As I remember the
story Skousen raided a poker game at which Mayor Lee was
a participant. That is the kind of man Skousen is, he
would have raided that card game no matter who was at the
table. Lee who had issues during his political career
tried to muddy the waters by calling Skousen "an
Thanks and best wishes,
J. Barry O'Connell Jr.
and Qashqai Rugs
Rugs the best Guides